Anti-Dandruff Solid Shampoo – Rosehip and Cedarwood
A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo!
Thanks to the balanced pH of 5- 5.5, this solid shampoo does not need an acid rinse and won’t have a transition phase! An acid pH of 4.5 to 5.5 is essential to prevent excessive dryness and hair damage during cleansing. Acid-balanced shampoos help close the hair cuticle and are recommended for hair that has been colour treated or lightened. Thanks to this pH, the shampoo reacts the same regardless of the hardness of your water.
Anti-dandruff solid shampoo with Rosehip and Cedarwood offers a gorgeous smoky, lemony and forest-like aroma. Combining a woody, balsamic Cedarwood and a fresh, sweet, lemony Citronella is complemented by the balsamic forest Fir Needle and, therefore, suitable for men and women. We added some Rosehip powder to help with dandruff and other similar scalp conditions.
Take our solid shampoo with you instead of a regular plastic bottle. They last for months, and as they are so small, they save you so much money and space and are earth-friendly, requiring minimal packaging. If you haven’t experienced a solid shampoo, try one, you’ll be glad you did.
No fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo eliminates wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair. Not a gimmick, this rich, anti-dandruff solid shampoo effectively cleanses and moisturises to leave your hair looking nourished and healthy.
- Hair is clean and easy to comb
- It’s easy to use, its shape fits right into your palm, and it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping, or carrying wherever you wish to
- It produces abundant, mild foam that is kind, even to processed hair
- It’s gentle on your hair and scalp
- It promotes healthy and shiny hair
These shampoos are economical as each bar keeps working, lasting much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo.
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz), representing 45 – 50 washes; of course, it depends on your hair length and is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
A solid shampoo is gentler for your hair and scalp. It does not contain propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo:
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent made from the natural fatty acids that occur in coconut oil and effectively removes dirt and grease from the hair and scalp, resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. We use an eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent suitable for use in soft and hard water.
Another ingredient in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSA). This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin, preventing it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing, in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it cannot penetrate the skin membrane.
There are both of 100% natural origin.
- Coconut Oil contributes to better hair quality by delivering shine, softness and power to damaged hair.
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine to hair and reduces hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny.
- Wheat Protein can impart hair-repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair.
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil, and it prevents the drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skin’s water.
- Rosehip Powder contains fatty acids which help soothe irritated scalp conditions like dandruff and increase hair elasticity while adding shine to hair.
- French Pink Clay stimulates hair growth by acting in the bloodstream and eliminating skin and hair oiliness.
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil can help increase the number of oils produced by stimulating the oil glands and can help with circulation and bring arterial blood to the tissues. This oil is anti-fungal and can help with dandruff caused by fungal infections.
- Citronella Essential Oil has antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and fungicidal properties and is used in treating problems like oily hair and dandruff. It soothes and moisturises oily scalp and hair.
- Fir Needle Essential Oil stimulates and purifies the scalp
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice, depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in a soap dish.
Packaging: Aluminium Tin
Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g
Leigh Silcock –
Love it. Love the smell. It works soooooo good. Just generally so impressed and I was a real sceptic. Thanks !!
Karen (verified owner) –
Have been using this shampoo for over a week now. Was a bit unsure to start with as for the last 3 years I could only use la roche posay anti dandruff, if I tried another shampoo for more than a few days my scalp would go crazy itchy and dry, this is the first time I have been able to use something different for more than a week. Delighted so far.
noranifhlannagain (verified owner) –
I LOVE this shampoo bar. This left my hair really soft and shiny, and it smells so good that I woke up excited about my shower every morning! I have highlights in my hair and the hairdresser commented that they had really kept their tone over the Covid lockdown and I think it was due to this shampoo bar and the occassional purple shampoo I also use. This bar lasted me for 4 months with my medium length hair (beyond my shoulders) which I was every 2 days. It probably would have lasted longer if my bf hadn’t stolen it.